- 2 cups Uncooked Pasta (I Use Small Shapes) I used my gluten free brand that I like.
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 whole Jalapeno Pepper, Seeded And Finely Diced
- 1 can (14 Oz. Size) Petite Diced Tomatoes, Drained
- 3 cups Cooked Chicken (leftovers Work Perfectly)
- 1 can (15 Oz. Size) Black Beans, Drained And Rinsed
- 1 can (6 Oz. Size) Tomato Paste
- 6 ounces, fluid Water
- 2-½ cups Shredded Mexican-blend Cheese, Divided
- 1 Tablespoon Salt, Or To Taste
1. Preheat oven to 375ºF. Lightly grease a 9×13 pan, set aside. Cook pasta according to package directions.
2. Heat olive oil in a large pot (big enough to fit all of this in there eventually) over medium high heat. Add jalapeno and cook about 2 minutes. Add in diced tomatoes, chicken, black beans, tomato paste and water. Season with salt. Cook about 5 minutes. Stir in cooked pasta and 1 cup of the shredded cheese until everything is well blended (think about it like this, “I want a little bit of everything in every bite”). Pour into the prepared 9×13 pan.
3. Bake uncovered for 15 minutes. Remove pan from oven, top with remaining 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese. Bake an additional 5-10 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
We had added salsa, sour cream, hot sauce for toppings.