Tis the season for Sangria and yummy wine. Now that we are not getting snow; however, we are still in the 50’s when we should be in the 60’s-70’s. The weather forecast says 90 Degrees on Tuesday, first 90’s of the season.
My sisters came to visit in April and I wanted to make something fun (thinking we would have nice weather by then), I found a great Sangria recipe that I have made twice now.
My sisters like the Chateau Du Bourg sangria. Both were good and made the recipe a second time used another spanish wine, but more bulk for cost.
- 1 Bottle of red wine (Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Rioja, Zinfandel, Shiraz)
- 1 Lemon cut into wedges
- 1 Orange cut into wedges
- 1 Lime cut into wedges
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- Splash of orange juice or lemonade
- 2 Shots of gin or triple sec (optional) I used Triple Sec
- 1 Cup of raspberries or strawberries (may use thawed or frozen) I actually did not get the strawberries in there and tasted great without them.
- 1 Small can of diced pineapples (with juice)
- 4 Cups ginger ale
Cute pitchers from Target, good price.
A few other white wines that I have tried, reasonably priced and good. Primal Roots-White Blend- 2011 and Robert Mondavi-Private Selection-Riesling
For my my birthday present last year Carl got me a 3 month- Wine of the Month subscription. I haven’t tried the wines yet, but will keep you posted for sure.
Happy Sangria and Wine Season.