This room was the guitar room for Carl and workout room for me. It didn’t last long and it had to make the transformation to the baby room. We had it painted gray and were perfectly fine with that, we wanted pops of color with wall hangings to other things in the room. We wanted to make it easy to change as baby grows up. These photos are from early November, I will have to take an updated one with all his stuff in the room. I don’t know where to put everything. LOL 🙂
So here is our last painting project that we wanted to complete in the house. There are other little things here and there but all the painting projects are complete now! 🙂 I am sure Carl is relieved! The room had three walls of a light purple color and an accent wall of dark purple. I really didn’t care for the color. I preferred the repose gray we had in the rest of the house because it was fresh, clean and light. You can put any pop of color with it as an accent! The other nice thing about getting the master bedroom painted was we got new curtains and hung up some of our canvases that had been laying around!
We moved into the house in the middle of January and we painted two weekends in February, two weekends in March, two weekends in April, one weekend in May and September. I am glad to have it done and now it is all clean and fresh with the paint we wanted. Paint makes a huge difference.
A large thank you to Carl for being patient with me and painting everything! He’s a rockstar!
A few weekends ago, I asked Carl if he could help make my closet more useful. He took and idea and made it real! YAY!
The first photo is the after picture of the shelves, I forgot to take a before one. But on the side with the two shelves that have a lot of space between them, that wall only had one hanging rack. I love how everything fits better in the second photo, I went from two hanging racks to three! I love it.
The next two photos are of our new trash and recycling bin holder! I found a woman who makes all these awesome things out of pallets, she used to live near my parents. We don’t have a place to put the garbage and recycling, it just sat out. This is a perfect spot for the garbage and recycling and it adds a little more space for Arie’s treats and this outdoor stuff. She did a fantastic job!
Hopefully, painting the master bedroom is the next task. I will have to let Carl know that he will be doing that! 😉
Our garage needed some major TLC. The tape and mud were cracked and needed to be done, holes needed to be filled and everything needed to be sanded. One of my co-workers does drywall/sheet rocking as a side job. I sent him the before pictures blow and the dimensions. He quoted us about $400 which was really inexpensive. So the last weekend of April he came to our house Saturday-Monday and got everything done. Monday Carl primed the garage. We have to paint the top coat yet. Regardless we have a good looking garage, enough that the neighbors have stopped by to look at it.
Here are the before pictures of the garage.
Here are the after pictures of the garage.
It turned out great and we are very happy with it.
Here are some photos over the last month or so. We have been pretty busy with house stuff and needing to be places. We had sisters weekend, our annual dinner with our friends and did a few house projects.
Here are a series of photos over the last handful of weeks of Arie. He is so spoiled and his life is so hard! He definitely likes the new yard because there is so much space to play and it’s fenced in.
We finally have started looking for a few decorating items. With our main floor living space being kind of small we wanted a nice mirror to make the room look bigger. We found a 6ft mirror from Kirkland’s we brought it home and the style looked weird; however, we knew the size was right for the space.
Here are the photos of what we decided on!
When I did research on the mirror, the size we wanted was running about $400-$500 and believe you, me we were not going to spend that. So I found the one in the pictures from Kirkand’s for $85 for sale. Super awesome find!
The weather was crappy this past week so Carl said we should paint the basement. We were going to wait until this winter to paint it. Last Saturday we went to Sherwin Williams and picked out two colors Requisite Gray and Uncertain Gray.
Requisite Gray is on the left- Uncertain Gray is the Right- Revere Pewter is the middle-Benjamin Moore color that Sherwin Williams mixed for us.
The basement was baby blue and dark blue, it felt cold and we wanted a warmer feeling. I did not want brown I was tired of it-it was in our town home, I wanted a warm gray. We put the two colors on the wall and couldn’t choose. We went back to Sherwin and had them mix the two colors, we ended up going with a custom Requisite Gray.
We are happy with the color. We started with prepping downstairs on Wednesday and we finished painting on Saturday. Carl is a rockstar! We are happy to have the downstairs painted, we have just the master bedroom left to paint when we decide on a color. It is nice to have it paint prior to the housewarming party! 🙂
Who would have thought that curtains would be exciting. We searched forever for curtains, online, in store, under a rock and everywhere else! We finally found some we liked at a store called Tuesday Morning. I looked every where and for the design and style we wanted, I couldn’t find them for under $100. I found these at the store for about $30, what a steal! A friend is hemming them up a bit, because we bought the longer length. I will get them back tomorrow, I can’t wait!